The time has come, we have an opening date!!!!!! April 14th at 09:30 we will open our doors to the first of many customers (hopefully). :)
Check back on Monday for information on our special opening offer.
So plenty has happened in the last week:
1. Fascia signs are up and they look amazing, no longer are we the nameless shop or the place that used to be Phones 4 U. Many thanks to local company Medash Signs for their work.
2. Furniture is beginning to arrive, the snug armchairs have arrived (Tub Chair Shop) and been assembled by Krzysztof and Myself. Our enormous faux leather sofa has turned up along with our large collection of chairs and high stools (Warner Contract Furniture). Table tops will be arriving shortly, these are going to be great, they are made from reclaimed fleet street pine floorboards! (Lawson's Timber)
3. Lighting is up. Beautifully handmade reclamation lights light can be seen in the centre of the room, the hanging lights have been put together by Dave and his family at Ashford Lighting (all are lights and light bulbs have come from Ashford Lighting). The wall lights bring a nice ambience to the room and the lights over the bar are amazing.
4. Coffee Machine Installed. Our brand new coffee machine has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is b-e-a-utiful, this baby is a Sanremo Verona RS made for Champions among Baristas. Many thanks to Bean Smitten for the machine and Danny for fixing the small water leak. :D
5. First delivery of Coffee Beans. Serena and I have been very busy refreshing our coffee skills and tweaking our freshly roasted coffee beans. It has been a couple of months since we've been behind a coffee machine. It is good to know it's like riding a bike, you just don't forget how to pour a pretty flower or heart in a flat white. We almost had a caffeine overdose the day we got the beans, so much tasting and tweaking our recipes to make sure we have the best coffee in town. (Serena was buzzing so much she was certain she could see sound) :)
It's great that our coffee comes from such a local roaster. Bean Smitten is based in Flimwell (between Lamberhurst and Hurst Green).
Looking Forward to Welcoming Everyone to Stag Coffee on Thursday 14th April.